By Jeff Waite on Sep 2, 2022 11:30:00 AM
There's no way to deny it; when you look good, you feel good. Little details can take us from 0 to 100 in a second, like wearing a new hair system or trying a new product.
One of the things that we do to feel better is to wear a nice perfume, but what happens when we have a specific part of our body that is smelling bad? This issue can severely damage our confidence because sometimes the odor is so strong that other people can quickly notice it.
But don't panic! You can do things to keep these funky smells at bay. When the odor comes from your hair system, for example, the first solution you might think of is running to the store to buy a new perfume.
The problem with store-bought perfumes
Sure, this can be quick and convenient, but truth be told, most of the fragrances you find there contain harmful substances that can damage the hair of system.
When sprayed on the hair, this happens because the alcohol content found in most perfumes can dry out your strands.
It's not just alcohol; most perfumes out there are loaded with synthetic fragrances, which means petrochemicals and undisclosed chemical ingredients are being sprayed directly into your hair.
Besides, buying a new perfume can be an annoying task. You can't choose what is in it, so you don't really have a choice on how it smells. Besides that, the store-bought perfumes are not always budget-friendly, and let's not forget about the pushy salespeople.
So, what can you do? After all, using perfume is a great way to leave a gentle scent as you move through your day! Thus, giving up on smelling nice is not an option, but there are other ways you can achieve this. For example, channel your inner DIY guru and give homemade perfumes a chance!
Why choose homemade options?
For starters, when you make your own perfume, you can choose exactly what goes into it; there is no need to worry about something harming your hair system. Also, selecting the ingredients gives you control over how it will smell, creating a fragrance that is 100% unique for you.
Plus, it´s an enjoyable and easy activity to do in your free time! You've got a million possibilities with a few essential oils and the right base ingredients. After all, who's better to customize a scent for yourself than you?
If you want to know more about how to make this and more things at home, go to our DIY Hair Care Guide!
How to make my own homemade perfume?
First, you should choose the main fragrance; how do you want to smell? Lavender? Jasmine? Vanilla?
For those still unsure of what to choose, we have come up with this awesome recipe for you to try. Trust us, you will love this perfume!
What will you need?
- 45 drops of Essential Oils (Recommended: 14 drops Top notes, 22 drops Middle notes, 9 drops Base Notes.
- 2 tsp Carrier (witch hazel, aloe vera gel, or jojoba oil)
- 3.5 oz Distilled Water or Rose Water
- Combine 45 drops of essential oils of your choice until the desired scent is reached. The smell will change when diluted and as it sits and "brews" over the coming weeks in your perfume bottle.
- Add in 2 tsp of your carrier ingredient of choice. Swirl to combine.
- Add 3.5 oz of distilled or rose water and swirl to combine.
- Transfer to a dark, glass bottle that tightly seals. Store in a cool, dry place, or refrigerate if your chosen ingredients require it.
- Before use, shake gently to mix, and spray onto the hair lengths as desired.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- If you're using homemade rose water made from rose petals, your mixture needs to be refrigerated and has a short shelf life.
- When choosing essential oils, select those that have a great smell and give you health benefits.
- Be sure to incorporate top, middle, and base notes into your blend. Every essential oil has a "note" classification based on the speed that the fragrance dissipates. Top notes are the scents you notice first in a blend, often disappearing within an hour or two. Middle notes last around 2-4 hours, and Base notes stick around for the long haul.
- If it's been a few years, and you can't make your Hair System look or smell good, it might be time for you to join our Hair System Repair Program and bring it back to life!
Once you have made your perfume, you no longer have to worry about an odor coming from your hair system. Always check our online supply store to see what other products are available to maintain your hair system. And if you want to know more about how to keep your hair system looking dashing, go check out our Hair System Care and Maintenance guide!
Got any other questions for us? Feel free to give us a call at our toll-free number.
We’ll be more than happy to help you with any other questions or doubts you might have!
Call us toll free: