By Jeff Waite on Apr 28, 2019 10:53:00 AM
There's no way to deny it, when you look good you feel good. Little details can take us from 0 to 100 in a second, like wearing a new hair system or trying a new product.
One of the things that we do to feel better is wearing a nice perfume, but what happens when we have a specific part of our body that is smelling bad? Our confidence can become severely damaged by this issue because sometimes the odor is so strong that other people can quickly notice it.
But don't panic! There are things that you can do to keep these funky smells at bay. When the odor is coming from your hair system, for example, the first solution that you might think of is running to the store to buy a new perfume.
The problem with store-bought perfumes
Sure, this can be quick and convenient, but truth be told most of the fragrances that you find out there contain harmful substances that can damage the hair of the system.
This happens because of the alcohol content found in most perfumes, when sprayed on the hair, can dry out your strands.
It's not just alcohol, most perfumes out there are loaded with synthetic fragrances, which means petrochemicals and undisclosed chemical ingredients are being sprayed directly into your hair.
Besides, buying a new perfume can be an annoying task. You can't choose what is in it, so you don't really have a choice on how it smells. Besides that, the store bought perfumes are not always budget friendly and let's not forget about the pushy salespeople.
So, what can you do? After all, using perfume is a great way to leave a gentle scent as you move through your day! Thus, giving up on smelling nice is not an option, but there are other ways you can achieve this. For example, channel your inner DIY guru and give homemade perfumes a chance!
Why choose homemade options?
For starters when you make your own perfume, you can choose exactly what goes into it, no need no worry about something harming your hair system. Also, by selecting the ingredients, you have control over how it will smell, creating a fragrance that is 100% unique for you.
Plus it´s an enjoyable and easy activity to do in your free time! A few essential oils and the right base ingredients, and you've got a million possibilities. After all, who's better to customize a scent for yourself than you?
How to make my own homemade perfume?
First, you should choose the main fragrance, how do you want to smell? Lavender? Jasmine? Vanilla?
For those still unsure of what to choose, we have come up with this awesome recipe for you to try. Trust us, you will love this perfume!
What will you need?
- 45 drops of Essential Oils (Recommended: 14 drops Top notes, 22 drops Middle notes, 9 drops Base Notes.
- 2 tsp Carrier (witch hazel, aloe vera gel or jojoba oil)
- 3.5 oz Distilled Water or Rose Water
- Combine 45 drops of essential oils of your choice until the desired scent is reached. The smell will change some when diluted, and also as it sits and "brews" over the coming weeks in your perfume bottle.
- Add in 2 tsp of your carrier ingredient of choice. Swirl to combine.
- Add in 3.5 oz of distilled water or rose water and swirl to combine.
- Transfer to a dark, glass bottle that tightly seals. Store in a cool, dry place, or refrigerate if your chosen ingredients require it.
- Before use shake gently to mix. Spray onto the lengths of hair as desired.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- If you're using homemade rose water made from actual rose petals, your mixture will need to be refrigerated and it will have a short shelf life.
- When choosing essential oils select those that not only have a great smell but will also give you health benefits.
- Be sure to incorporate top, middle, and base notes into your blend. Every essential oil has a "note" classification based on the speed that the fragrance dissipates. Top notes are the scents that you notice first in a blend, and they often disappear within an hour or two. Middle notes last around 2-4 hours and Base notes stick around for the long haul.
Once you have made your perfume, you don't have to worry any longer about an odor coming from your hair system. Remember always to check our online suply store to see what other products are available for maintaining your hair system.
Got any other question for us? Feel free to give us a call at our toll-free number.
We’ll be more than happy to help you with any other questions or doubts you might have!
Call us toll free: